Friday, March 11, 2011

Let's leave our hut, dear, Get out of our rut, dear, Let's get away from it all.

Nate and I met up for a midday movie on Wednesday, and I showed up wearing a light hoodie. He pointed out that I looked overly dressed which was probably right, but I felt fine. If Hoodie Season wasn't over Wednesday, well then it's definitely ended today.

It's going to be 88 degrees. Arizona summer heat is already rearing its ugly head. We're enjoying the perfect weather now, but soon we'll all be hiding in our homes with little clothing on and cool rags draped over our foreheads trying to prevent brain damage caused by excessive and prolonged heat.

Anyway, at the movie... The one we planned on watching wasn't showing, but they suggested we go in to the free movie sponsored by SCAN - a health plan focused on seniors. So we went in and found ourselves seated with over 100 elderly folk waiting for Country Strong to play. A man came down front with a microphone and explained that "these free movies are put on by AM 1230 KOY every Wednesday, and next week The Fighter will be showing." Wuh? Nate and I just stumbled upon a little treasure that was obviously only advertised on the radio station... that must only be listed to by senior citizens. DJ Danny Davis proceeded to read off raffle ticket winners who won DVDs of Leave it to Beaver and a Frank Sinatra's Greatest Hits CD. The crowd loved it. And although we kinda stick out, Nate and I now have plans to spend every Wednesday at 12:30 with this guy...


Free movies, free AC, and maybe even a free season of the Beav. Thanks KOY!

1 comment: