Friday, April 8, 2011

ewwwwwww... 24/7

I'm pregnant again... 7 1/2 weeks. I've been feeling sick for weeks now which gives me more confidence in this pregnancy than I was feeling when I first found out. In fact, I've been feeling so sick I've been taking the "morning sickness cocktail" (Unisom and B6) every night. I munch on snacks all day and am slave to my every whim when it comes to food. When the sickness subsides and a window of hunger pangs opens up, I get the most random cravings... a chicken sandwich at Chic-fil-a, pickles, saltwater taffy, white bread, frozen dinners of cheesy noodles and broccoli, string cheese, Captain Wafer crackers. And I've been drinking Sprite almost daily. These are all things I rarely, if ever, buy.

My body has taken on a mind of its own. It prefers to sleep on the left side. It wakes me up at least once a night to empty my bladder. It needs more sleep than usual and so shuts off around 3 in the afternoon... just in time for me to start my second job. It's highly sensitive to smells and has reacted so poorly to Nate's usual body wash that he's had to change brands. And the smells... oh, the smells my poor body has to deal with every day. It can smell everything now, and nothing smells good.

I guess this is all typical, but it's not what I experienced during round 1. We're hoping this one sticks...

9 comments:

  1. Yahoo! Sorry you've been sick, but glad things are going so well. I can't wait to see you and meet Nate next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting!!! I'll be thinking about you ... and the baby, of course! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great news Em!!! Congrats! Hopefully you feel better soon. It seems like week 13 was when I started feeling human again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Emilie! The sickness part sounds miserable but the baby part is very exciting! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Emilie! I've heard that sickness = healthy baby growing and growing! Praying for a smooth pregnancy for you and Nate! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds relateably gross. There was a hedge on my walk to school that smelled so gross I'd vomit into the nearby trash can daily. Even when I changed my route to school, if my mind thought about the hedge, I'd be retching again. Pregnancy is so strange. You're in our prayers and to be honest this sounds like a good sign xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No fun to be sick (makes time pass at snails pace) but SO excited for your news. YAHOO! Here's to you feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i keep forgetting you have a blog. good thing i get important news like this in real life.

    i'm already buying baby stuff for the little sprout. boy and girl. i can't wait!

    ReplyDelete