Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pull up a chair and sit on the floor, I'll tell you a story you've heard before.

We were in the area tonight after watching the BYU basketball game at a friends house, so we swung by Nate's old house. Ten months ago, I drove 9 hours from Provo to Tempe to see Nate, and when I arrived he was waiting for me on this bench.



We got engaged the next night and waited until morning to call our parents from this bench to tell them the news. We looked like this - tired and elated.



My dad always says that he wants a bench for his grave so that people can come and sit. I think that's a great idea. Benches are good places to sit and feel love. They are made with more than one person in mind. Otherwise, they'd be chairs.

2 comments:

  1. I saw a bench today and I thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom wants the same thing. Fun that you have such great memories in one portable piece of furniture. Sorry that I've been MIA for a while.

    ReplyDelete