In the last few months, I've been reading about natural birth and have realized how little I knew. And I've realized there are options. I've chosen to have a midwife oversee my care, and today was my first visit with her. It was such a relief. I feel like everything I now know I want is what she promotes, unlike my previous doctor. She kept telling me I was healthy and young and had nothing to worry about. She even hugged me goodbye. I have never hugged a medical care provider in my life... except my grandma who is a retired nurse.
Max is doing well. He's been getting hiccups daily, kicking, and turning. I've been feeling relatively normal aside from an occasional sore back and insomnia.
My nanny job has ended, and I now work 25 hours at my other job. So far, so good. I spend most of my days there chatting with the therapists - all unique. Maria, with her German accent, likes to tell me about her three poodles. Liz, "Puma," reads the Bible every morning and teaches karate on the side. Richie is Italian and doesn't eat bread. Wah? Donna's workouts involve car tires. Heather grew up LDS and now makes her own flavored beers. Jenn has a husband and two kids and loves to bake. Koco, "Ninja," wears squeaky tennis shoes and is Susan's favorite. Susan, the office manager, is a former hippie with a pet-sitting business. And Dr. Jason, the boss man, collects sports memorabilia, the most recent purchase being a baseball autographed by Babe Ruth. I basically get paid to hear their stories.
Nate was accepted to the externship in D.C. which means we'll be moving back east in January. I'm beyond excited. It seems surreal at the moment. Although, the other day at work the AC was turned down real low and the sky seen through the glass doors was dark and cloudy as I munched on an apple... and the combination made me think of Fall back east, something I haven't experienced in a long time. But the point is - I've experienced it. It is real. It exists. Weather other than "HOT" exists, and I will be in it soon enough.
And that's the update, folks. Let Art sing us out. This song was in my head as I awoke this morning. Pregnancy does strange things to my brain.
That's awesome Emilie. You know I love midwifes and would recommend them to everyone. As for natural childbirth, I recommend that too. ha I am glad you had a great first visit with your midwife, I am sure you will love her more and more as you are in her care. I hope you are doing well and cant wait to see another picture of your growing belly!
ReplyDelete