I finished my last day of work on Monday with a free massage, courtesy of Dr. Jason. I was sent home with a couple gift bags, a box of diapers and wipes from Costco, and "come see us when you have Max!" as the final goodbye from everyone. I was relieved to not have to work anymore, but I'm going to miss those guys. They are good people.
That evening, Nate had his championship games for the Tempe softball league. I made it to the first one but was too tired to stay for the last... which is a royal bummer considering Nate hit 3 home runs. Yes, 3. Two of them were in the same inning, might I add. They won 24 to 22. I was in the kitchen when Nate came home to tell me the news, tossing the game ball in his hands while recounting the game with impressive detail. My man.
I spent Tuesday running errands and had a decent amount of energy, but these last two days have been kinda blah. I'm now 5 days from my due date. I had a little conversation with Max last night, albeit one-sided. "Hey, Max. What are you doing this weekend? Wanna come out?" We'll see what he decides.
In the meantime, Nate got several free movie passes from work, and we still have some restaurant.com coupons. We are trying to stay busy in our free time by consuming food and entertainment when we aren't packing up the apartment. I still cook for us, but I lack the motivation to clean up after myself. I'll be wiping up excrement and spit-up in no time flat, and in my mind that somehow excuses me from my own mess as I wait to clean up Max's. On the other hand, I don't want to bring Max home to chaos and filth, so I guess I'll be cleaning today. When Nate comes home, I'll toss a dirty dish cloth in my hands while I recount my cleaning methods with impressive detail.
No comments:
Post a Comment