Wednesday, September 12, 2012

fact: whole milk is superior to 1%

In response to Naomi's comment on my last post... It can be difficult to entertain Max. Don't let my posts fool you. He roams the house getting into everything but gets bored after awhile. It's all the same junk. He's entertained by new things or my creative presentations of old things. I gave him the measuring cups today. Big hit. And then I tried to color with him, but he just wanted to eat the crayons and then got mad when I took them away. 

In addition to entertaining him I feel a responsibility to teach him language, and I get impatient with myself for not talking enough to him when we are alone all day. I think I'm used to being alone, and I was never in the habit of talking to myself. Moreover, saying things like, "Let's change your diaper!" and "Is that banana yummy?" day after day just doesn't seem adequate, but that's the current stage we are in. Milk before meat, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment