Monday, September 24, 2012

The Day I Turned 30.

I turned 30 on Friday. I woke up to Max still sleeping beside me (Nate had brought him in) and Nate clanging silverware and pans in the kitchen as he made breakfast. Nate went to work (after cleaning the kitchen), and I spent the day with Max doing the usual. Both the Dunfords and my parents sent packages. My grandma sent a card. I received several texts and voicemails. My good friend, Deborah, brought me lunch and a variety of cupcakes. She also gave me an oil diffuser with an assortment of natural oils from Young Living where she works. It was all unexpected and totally kind of her. She stayed several hours until Nate got home. He took me to dinner at my favorite restaurant and for a walk on campus. We went to the bookstore and bought a book on world religions, a mini-basketball for Max, and some dark chocolate sea salt caramels. We talked about getting older and how much we loved our boy. 

Max at La Villa

Turning 30 didn't worry me. As Maddie pointed out in her card, this was my first birthday as a mom. Indeed. Happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment