Wednesday, August 7, 2013

i have two webbed toes on each foot... for real!

At the end of my pregnancy with Max, I felt almost normal and didn't understand why people would ask, "Are you just ready to burst?" My skin is pretty elastic, and I don't get stretch marks (not bragging... It's the one thing I don't get). This time, I'm three and a half weeks away, and I am ready. I don't know that I'm bursting, but because of my back I feel like I'm breaking.

My lower back hurts. According to my internet research (Ha!... I love when people refer to their Google searches as "research"), my pain originates in my sacroiliac joint due to increased levels of the relaxin hormone in my pregnant body. This means that my spine and hips are loosey-goosey, making it feel like I could break in half. The pain is sometimes sharp like a butcher knife and other times more dull like a butter knife. Point is, it's like a knife ALL THE TIME unless I'm sitting or lying down. Bone on bone pain. I now waddle, something I never did in my first pregnancy and haven't done in this one until a couple of days ago when the pain started. I haven't left the house since Saturday due to my self-imposed "bed rest." I go to the chiropractor tomorrow, so hopefully my last three weeks of pregnancy won't be spent indoors.

Other than my back, I'm doing well... the same. Heartburn kicked in, but tropical flavored Tums aren't so bad. My emotions are pretty stable aside from an occasional sensitivity to otherwise silly things... like worrying about Max not being my one-and-only anymore. And I'm clumsy and forgetful. I spilled liquids twice today, and I forgot to put the cheese in the quiche. Doy.

Max has diarrhea and a mad butt rash, so he's waddling around, too. We are quite the pair.

3 comments:

  1. bahaha love it, but I hope you feel better sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahaha love it, but I hope you feel better sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the clumsy and forgetful thing. I feel stupid enough without the additional daftness. Also, you and Liz getting no stretch marks?! Miraculous! Reading this totally makes me tired anticipating the months ahead. I got the lower back pain with both kids and given the kind of bed we have, I fully expect it this time too. sigh. Best of luck man. You're pretty close to having this little bug.

    ReplyDelete