Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a report on how our marriage is faring

The other night, Nate and I went to the grocery store for a few needed groceries, and of course we ended up buying a Blu-ray that was on sale. After checking out, Nate noticed that right after the receipt listed the Blu-ray, it listed "Smooth CD." This perturbed him to the point of taking the receipt to customer service. "I didn't buy a smooth CD," he told her. "I don't even know what that would be." I offered that maybe it was a bonus CD that came with the DVD... maybe? Might I mention that the movie was Jet Li's "Fearless?" We then stood there like idiots as the woman at customer service counted our items and explained that "smooth CD is the conditioner for smooth hair" that we had bought. "Um... yeeeeaaah... thanks!" I said sheepishly. So now, any time Nate does anything dumb, he says, "I did not buy the smooth CD" in a voice that throws me into wild laughter.

I had always hoped that I would marry someone funny, and while Nate doesn't always show that side of himself to everyone else, I get to experience it daily... and man, he kills me. I'm happy to say that after a year and 3 months of marriage, not only do I love my husband, I still really like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment