
Liz and I once lived together in a house on University in Provo. Also living with us was Sara. She was a kook, and we loved her. She encouraged us to make fools of ourselves. For example, she announced to our church ward that I was "a pro figure skater training for the Olympics." One of the activities planned for our FHE group was to go ice skating one evening. "This probably seems silly to you, huh?" one guy asked. "Yeah, no. It's cool. I forgot to bring my own skates, but I can still show you guys how to do a triple axle." Luckily the rink was too crowded, so I didn't have to eat my words.
Some days, like today, when I don't have to work and Nate is gone and the day seems long, I kinda wish I had the guts or the pals to do something totally dumb... just to entertain myself. I'm excited to have kids so that I have an excuse to instigate and participate in some good ol' silliness. I'll get to be a kid again. "Come on, Max. Let's go find a photo booth. Mommie's bored."
and don't forget when we made up our own ward committee just to meet the hot guys in the ward. or the ward talent show.
ReplyDelete