I hadn't seen my grandparents in eight years when I came to Franklin a week ago. It feels good to now say that it's been mere minutes since I last saw them. They've been staying with my parents for a few weeks and might stay indefinitely. We'll see.
Grandpa treated us to lunch yesterday and even made the waiter correct the mistake he made on my order. I never do that. I just complain and then eat it. Go Grandpa. Max got bored watching us eat, so I put my sunglasses on him to see what he'd do. This is what he did -
Max has visited with my grandma several times, and I think it brightens her days. She had a stroke several years ago and hasn't been the same since, but Max makes her smile.
Grandma and Grandpa will sit on the back porch and get sun some days. They wear snazzy hats for just these occasions.
We've watched a couple of the NBA finals games with Grandpa, chit-chatted on the back porch, and taken a car tour of parts of Franklin courtesy of my mom. I'm hoping they stick around until August when I may be coming back to Franklin before moving to Utah. I have 8 years to make up for...
i don't know why but those two pictures of grandma on the deck just hit me like a ton of bricks. they both look really good. glad you got to visit with them.
ReplyDelete