Thursday, June 21, 2012

apparently, we are too excited to write a succinct and complete post

We can hardly believe it, but we're moving to Utah! I've already lived there 7 years of my single adult life, so I wasn't anticipating going back when married and a mother. Nate and I came east from Arizona assuming and hoping that he'd get a job in or near Pennsylvania, and we couldn't have foreseen the course change.  A few months ago, Nate emailed Ryan, a former coworker who now works for Adobe, and asked if the company was hiring. He didn't hear back until the beginning of last week when Ryan sent him a one-liner asking if Nate was still looking for employment.  Nate shot an email right back, and the next morning Ryan and Nate were on the phone discussing the details of a position in the legal department. By the end of the week, Nate was interviewing for the position.  Today, they extended the official offer.

This is Nate - we are excited to be moving to Utah.  More than anything though we are excited that I have a job with a good company with great benefits and that Utah is a pretty cheap place to live.  That will make it easier to pay off my loans.  I think Em is mostly excited about La Villa and I don't blame her.  Now that I have a job lined up (pending the background and credit check) it alleviates some of the bar pressure, but adds more as well because if I don't pass the bar then it will be really, really embarrassing.  Can't mess it up! It is funny though that when I left Utah three years ago I thought I would probably never live there again.  I think that if things go well with Adobe we will be there for at least 2-3 years.  We thought we would be living out East, and are sad that we won't be near our parents.  However, we are excited to be close to family out West.  Now I just gotta take this darn test.

No comments:

Post a Comment