Saturday, December 11, 2010

I don't think you're ready for this fat...

As Nate and I were sneaking out the back door of our ward Christmas party, an obese man sitting in a chair in the lobby asked, "Aren't you staying to see Santa?" to which Nate cheerily replied, "I broke Santa's leg when I was younger. I was a fat kid. Merry Christmas!" I think I laughed for a solid minute before unlocking the car. I had to explain to Nate that you don't say the word "fat" to someone who is currently dealing with the word "fat" especially when what you are communicating to this man is that being "fat" causes Santa pain. It's Christmas, for goodness sake. Even Santa's "fat" is referred to as jelly. Maybe that's where Beyonce got her idea. Anyway, I think Nate just put himself on the naughty list.

No comments:

Post a Comment