Monday, April 2, 2012

i can't think of a post title; i'm too tired.

It's just past midnight, I haven't slept a wink, and Max has been asleep for at least three hours now. There's something wrong with this. I'm a bit of a night owl and have yet to concede to the "sleeping when your baby sleeps is the only way to get by" tenet. Is it stupidity? Perhaps. I think it's more of an exhaustion-induced-irrationality. When Max is asleep, I'm free to do things for Emilie. And while what I want more than almost anything is to sleep, I know this is my longest stretch of time with no interruptions. You'd think I'd use this time, if not to sleep, then to write the next Hunger Games-type series or to clean the house or to write a song. Instead, being too tired for anything worthwhile, I read some blogs, stare at Max and think for awhile, and then finally decide it's time...

Stupid. Definitely stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Worst syndrome ever. Even when Julian was giving me 3 hours a night, somehow after he finally crashed, I'd feel incredibly bitter if I didn't force myself to stay up even half an hour later to just stare at a wall or something. Totally stupid. That said, I only managed to keep that up for like a month before I started dying inside and just going to bed when he did. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know the feeling all too well.

    and steve has been on me to write some lame mormon teen novels lately so we can get rich. funny.

    ReplyDelete