Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Sweet Cherry Cherry Pie Pie

I introduced Sandra to the show Pushing Daisies the other day.  I had only seen a few episodes, but I liked it's quirky and vibrant style.  Well, Sandra liked it too.  She was already to the end of season two (which, sadly, is the last season despite great reviews) when I joined in her marathon yesterday.  We both started craving pie, so I made one with Sandra's occasional help (she was busy with the show, you know).  Lori had bought fresh cherries, so I used those and a recipe from a website I trust.  I hand-pitted and halved the cherries, doubled the sugar (I prefer sweet over sour), opted for the egg wash, and used her Perfect Pie Crust recipe.  The results -



ScrumdiddlYUMptious.

1 comment:

  1. Dangit. Now I want pie. I'll just have to settle for this entire bag of chocolate chips and a bowl of ice cream though. so lazy.

    ReplyDelete