Tuesday, August 14, 2012

hot dogs and hair cuts

Mom, Max, and I went on a little trip to Knox to visit a bakery that my Aunt Chris likes. We got some cherry filled cookies and a chocolate whoopie pie. We also went to one of the better antique stores I've been to (admittedly I've been to maybe 20), and while we didn't buy anything, I found a vintage Valentine's Day card that I'm going to recreate for Nate next year. On our way home, we stopped at a little hot dog stand. A man in his mid-70's waited on us. He didn't take cards, so he said to me, "I'll tell you what - you go ahead and order your product, and the next time you pass by here, just bring some cash then." WHAT?! I couldn't believe the sweetness of this man. This is 2012, and he was trusting a stranger to uphold the honor system! We left and got money at an ATM and then returned to buy more food than we wanted just because... 



On a side-note, you might notice in the picture that Max's hair is shorter. He had his second hair cut. Nate and his mom cut Max's hair the first time, so it's kinda fitting that my mom and I did this one. So if Max grows up and sees photos of his baby hair and hates it, we can blame it on the Grandmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment