I should mention that I LOVE Max. I don't know if that was clear in the above paragraph.
Tuesday, December 18, 2012
thank you, bins.
Nate has been sick for a week and has had to work from home. The idea seemed exciting at first, but we quickly realized that having a clingy one-year-old around and a wife who wants to "hang out" doesn't quite mesh with "working" from home. So nothing much changed while he's been here... but it was good to see him so much. Unfortunately, Max is now sick, sneezing streams of boogers over his lips to his chin. That part is kinda funny; the restless sleep is not. Nate is starting to recover, but both he and I are exhausted. I mention all this because we have to pack up and move on Friday, and we have a lot of stuff. We were thoughtful enough to not unpack 18 bins or so after our last move, so that saves us some work. Our last move from Arizona happened a week after my c-section, so I wasn't much help then. This time, I'm willing and ready... but I have Max to consider, and he's more needy than usual. He always follows me around the house, but it usually doesn't involve whimpering and pants-pulling. Actually, have I ever mentioned how he cries while I shower? I can't allow him in the bathroom because he pulls back the curtain, letting the water out onto the floor. So I leave him outside, and he screams and pounds on the door the entire time. Gone are the days of long and peaceful showers. And by long, I mean more than 5 minutes. Anyway, this is Max climbing the bins instead of my leg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment